Old World Style Kitchens Ideas
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like in the style of old world style kitchens, then you need not look beyond that line the small streets of small towns in Italy picturesque houses. These charming homely small towns are where the recipes originate, and where the rest of the world expected to offer more in the way of fantastic kitchen. Almost any home will be set in Italy style and have its fair share of culinary secrets but one thing remains true, no one is afraid to teach you everything you need to cook like a professional.
Old World Tools
Old world style kitchens means using what was available when in fact the recipe was created. This means that there is not a great food processor or mixer to break the fine entries to your sauce. No machines to make pasta, you will need to roll the dough yourself. This also means that you will have to heat things up at a slow and steady pace, as there is no microwave on hand to make your life simpler. What has however is the desire to make a great meal for those who like to eat and spend time with family? This could be all the tools to make a great meal something special. Using what was used for centuries, it will produce the recipe as originally intended.
In an Italian old world style kitchens cuisine, use of materials, colors and natural finishes provides the space an old world appearance. To create a rustic feel in the kitchen, it is important to choose cabinet styles, flooring materials and accessories that make reference to Italy and around the Mediterranean area. No matter what budget you have, there are various techniques and design elements you can apply to transform the space into a rustic Italian cuisine that has an authentic look.
Instructions to set old world style kitchens in Italian
- Apply a thin layer of plaster on the walls to create a textured appearance. Prepare the mixture of gypsum wall per manufacturer’s instructions and with a trowel, spread a thin layer on the wall with broad movement. Allow to dry completely before painting.
- Paint the walls with earth color, such as red-orange, red-brown or gold. Use olive green paint color, blue gray or burgundy for decorations and details. Create a look of watercolor; this applies to the painting on the wall with a damp sponge. Dip the sponge in water and wring completely in slightly wet paint.
- Choose cabinets with a weathered or aged appearance. If other decorative materials in the kitchen are dark, choose a light colored aged cabinet with wrought iron or select cabinets to match dark wood with light decor.
- Place a floor of a natural material such as slate, tile or travertine. It also uses a natural material for countertops, such as marble or slate. As details or dashboard, you can use tiles in warm colors like red, green or gold, or hand-painted tiles with designs of olives, cheese or tomatoes.
- Place a faucet antique bronze or copper in a large sink or white porcelain ceramics. Lighting should have a rustic look with metallic tones such as brass, bronze or copper. Choose buttresses that provide spotlights around the room and install pendant lighting devices to illuminate workspaces in the old world style kitchens.